Effective Date: May 10th, 2022
Information We Collect and Receive
We may collect and receive a variety of information from you or about you or your devices from various sources, as described below.
If you do not provide your information when requested, you may not be able to use our Services if that information is necessary to provide you with our Services or if we are legally required to collect it.
A. Information You Provide to Us
Registration and Profile Information. When you register to use our Services, or sign up for newsletters, notifications, or updates, we ask you for your Personal Information, including your name, general location and email address.
Communications with Us. If you contact us directly, we may receive additional Personal Information about you. For example, when you contact us for support, we may receive your name, email address, general location, and any other information you choose to provide. If you subscribe to our newsletter, we will receive your email address.
B. Information We Collect Automatically When You Use our Services
Usage Information. To help us understand how you use our Services and to help us improve it, we automatically receive information about your interactions with our Services, such as the pages or other content you view, the searches you conduct, and the dates and times of your visits.
Device information. We collect information about the device and software you use to access our Services, including IP address, web browser type, operating system version, and device type.
Location Information. When you use our Services, we may infer your general location information. We use this data to provide features of our Services, to improve and customize our Services. You can enable or disable location services when you use our Services at any time by way of your device settings.
Please review your web browser’s “Help” file to learn the proper way to modify your cookie settings. Please note that if you delete or choose not to accept cookies from our Services, you may not be able to utilize the features of our Services to its fullest potential. You can find more information about your rights and choices, and how to block the use of certain Cookies in the section Your Choices below.
How We Use the Information We Collect
We use the Personal Information we collect:
- To provide, update, maintain, manage, and enhance our Services;
- To test and develop new products, services, and features;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Services when you choose to do so;
- For marketing and advertising purposes, such as developing and providing promotional and advertising materials that may be relevant, valuable, or otherwise of interest to you;
- To communicate with you, provide you with updates and other information relating to our Services, provide information that you request, respond to comments and questions, and otherwise provide customer support;
- To find and prevent fraud, and respond to trust and safety issues that may arise;
- To conduct benchmarking, identify usage trends, analytics, and industry analysis;
- To de-identify and aggregate information collected through our Services and use it for our business purposes;
- To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale of transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by us about our Services is among the assets transferred;
- For compliance purposes, including enforcing our Terms of Service or other legal rights, or as may be required by applicable laws and regulations or requested by any judicial process or governmental agency;
- For other purposes for which we provide specific notice at the time the Personal Information is collected.
Legal Bases for Processing European Information
If you are located in the European Economic Area (“EEA”) or the United Kingdom (“UK”), we only process your Personal Information when we have a valid “legal basis”, including as set forth below.
- Contractual Necessity. We need your Personal Information to provide you with our Services. For example, we may need to process your Personal Information to respond to your inquiries or requests.
- Compliance with a Legal Obligation. We have a legal obligation to use your Personal Information. For example, we may process your Personal Information to comply with tax, labor and accounting obligations.
- Legitimate Interests. We or a third party have a legitimate interest in using your Personal Information. Specifically, we have a legitimate interest in using your Personal Information for product development and internal analytics purposes, and otherwise to improve the safety, security, and performance of our Services. We only rely on our or a third party’s legitimate interests to process your Personal Information when these interests are not overridden by your rights and interests.
How We Share the Information We Collect
We do not share or otherwise disclose the Personal Information we collect from you except as described below or otherwise disclosed to you at the time of the collection.
Vendors and Service Providers. We may share any information we receive with vendors and service providers retained in connection with the provision of our Services.
Marketing. We do not rent, sell, or share information about you with nonaffiliated companies for their direct marketing purposes unless we have your permission.
As Required by Law and Similar Disclosures. We may access, preserve, and disclose your Personal Information if we believe doing so is required or appropriate to: (i) comply with law enforcement requests and legal process, such as a court order or subpoena; (ii) respond to your requests; or (iii) protect your, our, or others’ rights, property, or safety. For the avoidance of doubt, the disclosure of your Personal Information may occur if you post any objectionable content on or through our Services.
Merger, Sale, or Other Asset Transfers. We may disclose and transfer your Personal Information to service providers, advisors, potential transactional partners, or other third parties in connection with the consideration, negotiation, or completion of a corporate transaction in which we are acquired by or merged with another company, or we sell, liquidate, or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets.
Consent. We may also disclose Personal Information from or about you or your devices with your permission.
Marketing Communications. You can unsubscribe from our promotional emails and newsletters via the link provided in the emails. Even if you opt out of receiving promotional messages from us, you will continue to receive administrative messages from us.
Do Not Track. There is no accepted standard on how to respond to Do Not Track signals, and we do not respond to such signals.
If you choose not to provide us with the Personal Information we collect, some features of our Services may not work as intended.
Your European Privacy Rights. If you are located in the EEA or the UK, you have additional rights described below.
- You may request access to the Personal Information we maintain about you, update and correct inaccuracies in your Personal Information, restrict or object to the processing of your Personal Information, have your Personal Information anonymized or deleted, as appropriate, or exercise your right to data portability to easily transfer your Personal Information to another company. In addition, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, including in your country of residence, place of work or where an incident took place.
- You may withdraw any consent you previously provided to us regarding the processing of your Personal Information at any time and free of charge. We will apply your preferences going forward and this will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before you withdrew your consent.
We take measures to delete your Personal Information or keep it in a form that does not permit identifying you when this information is no longer necessary for the purposes for which we process it unless we are required by law to keep this information for a longer period. When we process Personal Information for our own purposes, we determine the retention period taking into account various criteria, such as the type of services provided to you, the nature and length of our relationship with you, possible re-enrollment with our Services, the impact on our Services we provide to you if we delete some information from or about you, and mandatory retention periods provided by law and the statute of limitations.
We make reasonable efforts to protect your Personal Information by using physical and electronic safeguards designed to improve the security of the Personal Information we maintain. However, as no electronic transmission or storage of information can be entirely secure, we can make no guarantees as to the security or privacy of your Personal Information.
Our Services is hosted in the United States (“U.S.”) and intended for visitors located within the U.S. If you choose to use our Services from the European Union, the United Kingdom, or other regions of the world with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, then please note that you are transferring your information outside of those regions to the U.S. for storage and processing. We may transfer information from the EEA or the UK to the U.S. and other third countries based on European Commission-approved Standard Contractual Clauses, or otherwise in accordance with applicable data protection laws. Also, we may transfer your data from the U.S. to other countries or regions in connection with storage and processing of data, fulfilling your requests, and operating our Services. By providing any information, including information, on or to our Services, you consent to such transfer, storage, and processing.
How to Contact Us
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns about our processing activities, please contact us at email@example.com.